1st Sweating, 2nd Sweating, 3rd Sweating

Just can't believe I was dripping down with sweat after leading singspiration in the Sunday service. I wiped it off from my forehead to my face and sat at the front row quietly. It is hardly to be understood why I'm so fear, I wish I will be able to over come it from time to time but seems there is very little improvement in the past 3 years.
It reminds me once Dr. Choi had shared he still feels the inner fear every time when he speaks in public, although he has been doing this over 30 years. "Keep this fear for you to learn to take your serve seriously, keep this fear so that you know your trust in the Lord". This is the conclusion I heard from him.
I will remember my fear...
remember to keep a clean life to serve...
remember to learn to worship Him in daily life, both on the stage and behind the scene...
remember it is serious to serve the Lord...
remember my inadequacy so I know my faith...


5 Comments:
Dear Carmen,
I know what you mean. I wish I have that fear more often, to be honest with you. =P But then, standing on the stage is totally different from standing in front of Joshuaians only. =)
BTW, thanks for the talk we have last week, it helped me a lot. =)
Princess
By
公主, at 12 September, 2005
Carmen,
I like the conclusion you got about your fear. It's so true that the worst senario for worship leader is to feel too comfortable and too confident. The congregation are always nice and positive. But more important is God doesn't really care whether you said something wrong, or mess up the procedure. I believe the only thing he cares is our hearts .. nothing else.
Quote of the song "Heart of Worship":
I'll bring You more than a song
For a song in itself
Is not what You have required
You search much deeper within
Through the way things appear
You're looking into my heart
I'm coming back to the heart of worship
And it's all about You
All about You, Jesus
I'm sorry, Lord, for the things I've made it
When it's all about You
All about You, Jesus
Monica
By
Anonymous, at 13 September, 2005
Princess, I do enjoy our chat and dinner, thanks for listening my story as well. =)
By
Carmen Mok, at 13 September, 2005
Mon, Heart of Worship is one of my favorite songs. Thanks for remind me this song again, it is hanging in my mind today. =)
It is so true that being a Christian for so many years, we are experienced in perform well in front of ppl. But more importantly is what's the true side in God's eyes. If I serve only because for my own credit? or for all about Jesus.
And I'm so thankful of having you as my friend, we're always making echo from each other. =)
By
Carmen Mok, at 13 September, 2005
Thanks Carmen. I'm thankful to have you as my friend too!! =)
Mon
By
Anonymous, at 14 September, 2005
Post a Comment
<< Home