Carmen's journey

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Keep my eyes open, for....?

I found this antique looked bottle lid at my office parking lot, it caught my eyes this morning.

I'm not a lid collector but I kept this one. It is now sitting on my desk to recall me that I used to have a habit of searching found objects in live. In my 3rd year university, I had taken a sculpture course in about creating sculptures and messages from the found objects. During the year I had learned to open-eyed at anything around, on the ground, in the garbage can, or something at the corner of a street. From large piece like furniture or very little like a tiny stone, or weired thing like animal bones etc. What makes me exciting was going through the process of giving a rebirth to an abandon object, having a new identity and functionality from changing its role.

My school year was over faster than I thought but I've been carried out what I learned, to engage my sensitivity and creativity in what I see, and adding imagination to my routine live.

"Every morning is a new start", keep refreshing my mind and you know sometime later I may make a piece of awesome jewelery with this Starbucks lid. YEAH!!!

5 Comments:

  • If you did not leave message in Pakkin's blog, i don't know you have your own one.

    wa....very envy your artistic sense! your blog is so brilliant!

    The photos are very nice too....

    miss you!

    dorothy@London

    By Blogger Dot, at 28 July, 2005  

  • yes Dorothy, I got your update once a while from Samson. =) And now I know your life more from your blog, I found it out through Pakkin's blog too.

    Let's keep in touch...hope to see you again one day...to play..back...

    By Blogger Carmen Mok, at 28 July, 2005  

  • Dear Carmen, I am writing about the inspiration I came up after viewing your journal on my blog on July 29: http://christytheangel.blogspot.com/
    Would you mind if I link your journal to my blog?
    Christy

    By Blogger Christy, at 29 July, 2005  

  • Christy, you are always welcome to link up my blog. =)

    I started to enjoy photos taking and drawings, it is the way for my own experession. Then I found friends also enjoy what I've done, it arouses echo in their hearts, so I'm trying to organize them in my blog. I can share verbally when meet with friends, and sharing words and imagery on the internet.

    After all, we are getting inspiration and learning from each other by exchange ideas.

    By Blogger Carmen Mok, at 29 July, 2005  

  • 啊啊,原來我成了中轉站了。做一條橋,實在太好,這是我幾年來最享受的召命。
    ::Pakkin::

    By Blogger Unknown, at 02 August, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Counters
Counter