Carmen's journey

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Good understanding of where I live!

I am a sun and beach lover, it was happened since a kid. Mom and Dad brought me to the beach every Sunday during summer time, it was my highlight of the week. This is how I learned to swim and how I became a risk taking person.

Sometime imagined I should be raised at a small tropical island, being an artist and selling my paintings at the beach. Or making straw hat for the tourists, or selling ice cream and drinks....Just don't know why I came to Canada for so many years?....I doubt I live in a wrong place?....

I spent my last long weekend with a group of friends at the Blue Mountain cottage, about 2 hours driving from Toronto. There was a hot and sunny day so we could swim at the beach. I don't swim very often since came to Canada, but how can I resist the beauty of the beach at Georgian Bay? Then I realize how little I know about this lake so here is a summary of my study after this trip.

Georgian Bay was first seen by the French people in the 1600, they found the abundance of wildlife in this area so it was developed for fur trading in about 200 years long. It is a large body of fresh water extending from Lake Huron so Georgian Bay also was named "Shining Shore". Some things are always famous in this region: multi-colored rock formations were left behind since last ice age, swept pines and the clear shining water.

It made so special to swim at the Shining Shore when I know about Georgian Bay, I learned to enjoy the nature of Canada from its history and heritage. As I always say: Good foods + Good friends + Good chat = the best quality of time. Now I should add: Good understanding of where I live!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Counters
Counter