Carmen's journey

Monday, September 19, 2005

My Sunday afternoon

Last Sunday I spent an afternoon at the boardwalk of Woodbine beach. I go there once a while but yesterday was my 1st visit of this summer. Sometime I go to this lakeshore area for a walk, or for booking reading and day dreaming, or for the jazz music festival. It is also my private place to think, to write, to draw and to cry...

























This time I went there because of a friend visited in Toronto, I like to share with her how beauty of seeing the blue sky and the endless lake go together. And I found a surprise on the beach, there are more than 20 stone stacking sculptures done by the weight balance only. How amazing stones can be standing on the top of one another with the pointy surface, they survive even in the wind. My eyes couldn't move as a little girl seeing her favorite ice cream, it made my day so worth to be there.

There is so much to explore in the city, it just easily found with our eyes. I really appreciate the unknown artist(s) who did such wonderful art works, with the basic materials from the nature, plus little creativity. Go and take a look when you are there, it nears to the east end of the boardwalk. =)

7 Comments:

  • I went there in early summer too... but I didn't see such amazing stone standing on each others.
    Next time, I am going to try it myself!!!

    By Blogger Christy, at 20 September, 2005  

  • I think it is called Stone Stacking!!
    Native Canadians did that in the past. Many artists in the world do that kind of artworks. Some of them even use daily products, foods, anythings to stack it up!!
    I read a story on newspaper couple days ago that there was a Canadian artist broke a world record by making 400+ eggs standing freely..
    and check this video out.. http://www.compfused.com/directlink/864/

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 20 September, 2005  

  • It is an amazing video, thanks for your sharing! =)

    By Blogger Carmen Mok, at 21 September, 2005  

  • I saw the Artist that he was doing these stone stacking sculptures in woodbine beach. He did it mid of July. Everyone was amaze what he did. If you visit my blog album under woodbine beach, you will see that picture ga la~
    I like this beach too, maybe this is the only beautiful beach in Toronto >.<

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 21 September, 2005  

  • I just wanna let you know......
    the "anonymous" is me
    Candy Cheng
    hahaha...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 22 September, 2005  

  • haha...thanks Candy...you always have some things interesting to share...have u keep your web page update lately?

    By Blogger Carmen Mok, at 22 September, 2005  

  • I don't know my BSL partner, Candy, also has a web page.

    Christy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 23 September, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Counters
Counter